The Original Solid Surface Counter is Also One of the Best
Get In Touch With Local ProsGet Free Quotes Now
More affordable than granite, marble, and slate countertops, but manufactured in patterns that closely resemble natural stone, Corian countertops offer an unbeatable package of performance, durability, and beauty. You can even have an integrated Corian counter, sink, and backsplash installed to create a seamless kitchen surface.
What is Corian?
Corian, manufactured by DuPont, is made from an acrylic polymer (a type of plastic) and alumina trihydrate (ATH - a mineral compound). This mixture can be heated to 300 degrees Fahrenheit, allowing it to be formed into countless shapes, designs, colors, and thicknesses. Furthermore, the finished product can be cut, drilled, routed, and bent. When you consider the huge variety of Corian counters alongside the material's malleability, it's easy to see why DuPont says, "If you can envision it, chances are you can create it with Corian."
Corian Countertop Benefits
- Design Versatility: Corian is available in more than 100 distinct colors. From blues and beiges to grays and greens, dark and light colors to metallics and pastels, there is a Corian countertop for every taste.
- Hygienic: Corian helps to keep your kitchen clean and safe. The nonporous material is stain resistant and when cleaned properly, resists mold, mildew, and bacteria.
- Easy to Repair: Because Corian has solid color throughout, cuts or scratches do not significantly alter the countertop appearance. And if the counter does sustain minor damage, it's easy to repair. To avoid major damage, never rest hot pots or pans on a Corian counter.
- Proven Performance: Corian has been around for more than 40 years. During that time, the solid surface has achieved a customer satisfaction rating of 96%. Contributing to this overwhelming support is, no doubt, DuPont's impressive Corian warranty.
Integrated Corian Surfaces
If you're considering a Corian countertop, why not pair it with a sink and/or backsplash for a seamless, non-porous, solid surface that extends throughout your kitchen? The main benefit of an integrated Corian kitchen surface is easy cleanup. With a factory-fused kitchen, sink, and backsplash, there are no gaps for dirt and moisture to collect in. Crumbs and other debris can be swept right into the sink without getting caught on a lip or seam. Corian sinks and backsplashes - like Corian counters - are sold in a wide variety of styles, so you can be practical and fashionable at the same time.
Corian Counterop Costs
- Corian costs $50 to $80 per square foot installed. For a typical kitchen with 30 square feet of counter space, that's a total estimated cost of $1,500 to $2,500. Bear in mind, however, that actual costs will vary based on the type of Corian purchased, your kitchen layout, and a number of other factors.
- For an integrated Corian surface that includes a countertop, sink, and backsplash, expect to pay roughly $2,500 to $3,500.
Compare Free Corian Countertop Price Quotes From Local Installers
Receive complimentary Corian estimates from licensed professionals in your area. Compare countertop costs and contractors to find the best deal for your project. Save time and money with this fast, easy, and free service!